Friday, May 25, 2012

Geneticist appointment

We didn't learn much we didn't already know today. I have done a lot of research on the internet and that was mostly what I heard out of the geneticist's mouth.

All we can do is keep trying... knowing that each time we have a 50/50 chance of miscarrying. Of the times we have a healthy baby, there is a 50/50 chance that he/she will still have the translocation that Eric has... thus will have the same issues we are having now.

PGD with IVF is completely out of the question. Each treatment will have a price tag of $35k... and may not even result in any viable embryos to implant. So there is absolutely NO way we can afford to go that route.

So we will just keep trying. Once we have a viable pregnancy that makes it to about 11 weeks, they will do a test on the fetus for the chromosomal abnormalities to prepare us for our baby not surviving past birth or just a little bit past birth.

There was one thing I didn't know until today... which was probably the hardest to know...

The last baby we lost... was a baby boy. Collin's little brother. Our son.

RIP Baby Boy <3 I hope your brothers/sisters are taking good care of you <3

No comments:

Post a Comment