I had an appointment today and it went pretty well! It was my post op appointment so I had an ultrasound to confirm my uterus was empty, which it was. He said everything looked great.
He then brought up IVF with PGD and told me that was an option, which of course I already knew. I then asked how he would feel about me using Clomid to try and hyperovulate and he approved.
Since that statement doesn't mean much to those of you who aren't in a TTC situation, I will elaborate. Clomid is a fertility drug that helps women who don't ovulate to ovulate. I obviously DO ovulate, so why am I taking it? In women that already ovulate, it can cause them to drop more than one egg during ovulation. Why is this good? Clomid is hopefully going to give us a chance to conceive multiples, thus giving us more than one chance per pregnancy for a healthy baby. The chances of us carrying twins or higher to term are obviously ridiculously slim to none, but Eric and I have agreed that if by some crazy miracle we conceive healthy twins that of course we will be thrilled! I have heard so many great experiences for couples who have tried this, so I am pretty excited to try it. I am not excited for all the horrible side effects I have heard about, but excited that this may be what we are looking for.
Also, he is going to test any other babies we lose. He is getting worried that our results aren't really matching our odds. He told me that this weekend he delivered a lady's 4th child who has had 17 pregnancies. That may sounds like a lot, but our odds are actually worse than that right now. So he is beginning to worry that something else may also be wrong and he is going to pursue further testing with future miscarriages if there are any, which God willing there won't be, but it is great to have a proactive doctor.
Eric told me to ask him about any risks of my continuing pregnancies. Physically, things are fine to keep going as long as they stay the way I am. He also says the fact that I am continuing to get pregnant is a great sign, that I am not scaring from my D&Cs. He said the mental side of it is what I really need to keep an eye on and I will continue to do that.
Overall, I am hoping this leads to some results and that we will have another baby sometime soon. My heart continues to ache that our arms are so empty after 2 1/2 years of trying. I never thought that this would be our story.
I hope that with the Clomid a pregnancy will stick with you. I pray that he will finally bless your family. Stay strong hun. It will happen. Just keep believing.
ReplyDelete